- 3/4 lb cleaned Calamari, cut into ½” wide slices in including tendrils
- 1 ½ lb. imported Spanish dry medium spicy Chorizo Sausage cut into ½” cubes
- 1 ½ cups diced ¼- ½” yellow onion
- 2 cups diced ½” Yukon gold potatoes
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- GC Wild Fennel Finishing Sea Salt, to taste
- 1 lemon
- Rinse & dry Calamari. Slice into ½” wide slices & put into a bowl. Set aside.
- Remove any skin from Chorizo Sausage and slice into ½” wide cubes & put into a bowl. Set aside.
- In fry pan, sauté using low heat 1 ½ cups diced yellow onion in ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive oil until soft & golden. Remove & set aside.
- In separate fry pan, sauté using medium low heat 2 cups diced Yukon Gold potatoes in ½ cup olive oil until they get a lightly brown skin & soft in the middle, but not mushy. Add to sautéed Onions.
- Add calamari & Chorizo to the onion & Potato mixture & heat through until calamari is slightly cooked. This takes about 2 minutes. Do not overcook the calamari or it will become rubbery.
Place about ½ to ¾ cup of the mixture on small plates. Squeeze a touch of lemon & sprinkle with a pinch of GC Wild Fennel Finishing Sea Salt, to taste.