- 1 whole chicken, preferably organic, at minimum without antibiotics
- 2 Tbsp GC Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Substitute a quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 2 Tbsp GC Poultry Rub (Substitute paprika plus dried sage)
- 1 tsp GC Sage Finishing Sea Salt (Substitute plain sea salt and dried sage)
- 1 lemon cut in half
- Rub chicken skin and cavity with lemon halves to freshen the flavors. Rinse with water and dry with paper towel.
- Brush skin with GC Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Rub GC Poultry Rub or substitutes onto all the skin areas and cavity.
- Grill/Roast chicken: Grill: You can tress the chicken onto a spit or cut chicken in half. For whole chicken, cook time is approximately 1 hour. For half chicken, the cook time is approximately 30 minutes. Oven Roast: Leave chicken whole. Tuck wings under the body & place on a metal rack onto a roasting pan. Cook at 450˚ for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 375˚ for 40 minutes.
- The chicken is done when the juices run clear from the chicken when a fork is inserted into the leg joint.
- Remove from grill/oven. Let rest 10 minutes and rough cut into 3”x3” pieces, leaving legs & wings whole.
- Sprinkle with GC Sage Finishing Sea Salt
Arrange chicken pieces on a platter. Garnish with fresh sage sprig.
Serve alone, on fresh salad greens tossed with vinaigrette dressing or on top of desired side dish: quinoa, pasta or wild or brown rice.