- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 ½ “pieces
- 1 pound butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1 ½ “pieces
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil, cooking grade
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 10 leaves fresh sage, cut into small thin strips- retain 8 slivers for garnish
- 10 whole garlic cloves
- ½ tsp GC Sage Finishing Sea Salt
- 2 tbsp GC Estate Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Parchment paper
- Pre-heat oven to 400˚
- Line a 9” x 13” glass baking dish with parchment paper. Brush with extra virgin olive oil.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, fresh sage, salt and pepper. Pour the mixture over the sweet potatoes and squash. Toss to coat.
- Arrange sweet potatoes, squash iand whole garlic cloves in an even layer in the baking dish.
- Cover and bake the sweet potatoes and squash mixtures for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake, tossing every 15 minutes, until tender and starting to brown, 45 to 50 minutes more.
- Remove from oven and out into blender.
- At medium high speed, blend potatoe and squash mixture, adding the stock slowly.
- Pour mixture into medium sized cooking pot and heat to serving temperature.
Pour soup into invidual soup bowls. Season to taste with a sprinkle of GC Sage Finishing Sea Salt . Drizzle a teaspoon of GC Estate Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil on top of soup. Garnish with a sliver of fresh sage.