Recipe by: Chef Andrew Knessey
- 6 medium brown Mushrooms
- ½ cup walnuts, finely chopped
- ¾ cup Ricotta cheese
- 3 leaves Sage, chopped
- 2 tbsp GC Savory Proprietary Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Shallot, finely chopped
- Salt & Pepper
- GC Sage Finishing Sea Salt and GC Organic Lavender Tellicherry Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375˚
- Wash mushrooms and allow to dry. Pop the stems out of the cap and finely chop the stems by hand or in a kitchen aid.
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped mushrooms, then shallots. Season with salt & pepper. Cook until dry, remove from pan and allow to cool.
- Combine ricotta, walnuts, sage, and mushrooms in a bowl. Season salt & pepper
- Spoon into reserved mushroom caps.
- Bake on a tray at 375˚ for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately
Arrange Stuffed Mushrooms on a platter, add a pinch of GC Sage Finishing Sea Salt & GC Organic Lavender Tellicherry Pepper, to taste.
Garnish with fresh sage sprig